You are not able to login into the user profile as you will get the error" The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded". To fix this issue you need to fix the registry key. Follow the steps given below
- Press Windows Key and "R" to bring the run window
- Type in " Regedit ", and press Enter.
- If prompted by UAC, click Continue (Windows Vista) or Yes (Windows 7).
- In Registry, go to: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList"
- In the left pane, look for the folder name starting with S-1-5 (SID key) followed by a long number. then click each folder and locate ProfileImagePath from the right pane, expand it to verify the user account on the right pane under " Profile image path ".
- If you have two folders starting with S-1-5 followed by same long nubmers and one of them ended with .bak. Change the .bak folder to .BA.and the normal folder to .BAK, and then change .BA folder to normal one by removing .BA.
- Close Registry.
- Restart your computer.
- Log on again with your account.